12/12/2011

Feast Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe


This photo honors "Our Lady of Guadalupe" on her Feast Day, whom many believe is the modern-day representation of a much older Deity: "Tonantzin", or "Mother Earth" of the Nahuan people.

"I will demonstrate, I will exhibit,
I will give all my love, my compassion,
my help and my protection to the people.
I am your merciful mother,
the merciful mother of all of you
who live united in this land,
and of all mankind, of all those who love me ,
of those who cry to me, of those who seek me,
of those who have confidence in me.
Here I will hear their weeping,
their sorrow and will remedy and alleviate
all their multiple sufferings, necessities and misfortunes."


Articles:
Our Lady of Guadalupe: Wikipedia
Our Lady of Guadalupe: Tonantzin or the Virgin Mary?
Who is Our Lady of Guadalupe?